Sunday, November 23, 2003

Two Worlds Collide and Nothing Happens

Four guys slept on my floor Friday night. Two of my friends from home, Amos and Andy, yes, their names are really Amos and Andy. Neither of them went to college, so I was sorta wondering what it would be like to have them here, not only was it their first time at hillsdale, but their first time at any college. All college atmosphere's are very different than the atmosphere of living at home and working full-time, and hillsdale is even weird when compared to other colleges.

Dan's friend Mike, who is cooler than dan, but don't tell dan I said so, was also on the floor along with Mitchell, a very happy classicist.

Well, Andy and Amos were totally freaked out by the whole 'dale thing. I mean, they weren't like, "You guys are a bunch of weird dorks, who haven't worked a day in your lives." which was one of the responses that I feared, but instead they were really intimidated, being like, "You guys are really smart and boring. How can you have so much fun doing so much boring stuff?" So they decided to leave after lunch on Saturday to make it home in time for the local football game. They would rather hide in the world they know. It all helped me to realize how different I am at home than here, and made me also realize that most of the things I am interested in I am interested in only because the people around me are.

But before they left, we went to a gun and knife show, and I saw a bumper sticker that read, "Guns kill people like spoons made Rosie O'donnell fat"

The remainder of the weekend was a lot of fun, especially the Pink Panther run last night. I was able to hide in my hillsdale world after it battled with my other world until the other said uncle, and went to the high school football game.



"the swan sang himself to sleep crying over his transistor... radio, but the signal dropped of as the clouds rolled in, the signal dropped of as the clouds rolled in, to cover over the clearing" --Holopaw

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home