Saturday, December 25, 2004

Christmas

A year ago I said,

"The incarnation is not something to be "believed" or "thought" or understood. It is not some intellectual proposition to take pride in. That is, it is not something to be held in your cerebral cortex. It is something to feel, hold in your heart, something that brings tears, goosebumbs, cold sweat, weak knees, and penitence."

In the past year my thoughts have changed less than my family's traditions, not at all.

Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith

With the reality of the incarnation floating through my existence double digit temperatures below zero, two feet of snow, a full stomach, and presents under the tree, I cannot help but feel, even if for a moment, that all is right in the world.

Christ has died. Christ is risen. Christ is coming again.

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home