Sunday, October 30, 2005

language

I just watched a documentary about tournament scrabble. One of the grandmas(ters) said, "a language reflects a people. If people are greedy and tramp around taking things, there language will too."

Also, I did not know that there is a seventy something black man that limps and wears Hawaiian print shirts and a straw hat and can converse in seventeen languages (if you count an honest "smattering of Korean") and plays (used to play) scrabble sometimes in a park in New York. After 9/11 he got kicked out of his apartment and then he lived with some really good scrabble champion (who later in 2004 set a record for winning a national tournament game in 97 seconds with 476 points) for a little bit and then disappeared.

I need to dress up for tomorrow. gimmee some suggestions. I'm thinkin' like some character from a movie or something. Ya know, funny, cheap, and easy.


by the way, "spareribs" plus "e" and "r" is "raspberries".

2 Comments:

At 9:23 AM, Blogger luke said...

Is "Bookmarked you!" kinda like, "Bitchslapped you!"?

And I'm just not sure how a feel about dressing up for Halloween as a French maid...er...a making out, tipping, kissing French, thing...whatever, um...

You got serv...er...ed!

 
At 1:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sounds like a great documentary. Maybe I'll get it when I'm home.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home