Friday, September 29, 2006

Two Days

Today we are going to pick up the tent. Not everyone will fit seated in the basement of the church, so I rented a tent and eight tables and sixty-four chairs.

Tomorrow people begin to arrive. People I haven't seen in a long time. People I thought I would never see again. People I have never met. People I wish I could spend more time with. I wish we could have a two day party-tastic reception.

I think the reason why so many bloggers stop blogging when they get married, or begin blogging in a different way is not so much that they are too busy making a new life with their spouse (i.e. doing it), or that they are too caught up in the real life (as opposed to internet life) at hand, but rather that they are desperately trying to grow up. They are attempting to make themselves feel like married adults.

It probably works really well. It probably gives them a taste of pride in their own self-discipline, a taste of accomplishment, growth, maturity.

I'm interested to see what kind of pressure there is on me to grow up. This post is pretty good evidence.

But I think I'll "blog" forever.

2 Comments:

At 6:57 PM, Blogger Will said...

Congratulations on your new life as one, continued blogging or otherwise.

 
At 2:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oatess and I forgot to sign your guestbook. Not that it matters that much but I figured I'd let you know anyway.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home