Thursday, March 06, 2003

I just walked outside and was instantly greeted by a student passing by. She was clearly absorbing the sun's radiance as it reflected off of the snow. When she asked me how I was, I mumbled, “tired”. When she asked how I could even think about being tired on such a beautiful day, I said “The sun makes my eyes hurt....”
And then it struck me. How pessimistic I am! …I was always one of the first to delight in the beauty of nature. I was always the optimist. What was going on?
Well, after giving it some thought, I think the problem is in my sincerity. Whether I was insincere in my earlier optimism or in my present pessimism, I do not know. I am beginning to realize a lack of sincerity and a lack of conviction in most of myself….and that can't be a good thing. ...Well, maybe this blog will help me to know myself better…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home