Wednesday, December 10, 2003

when does it end?
do we ever find it?
whatever it is, where is it?


Recently someone asked me what I was going to do when I "grew up." I told him/her "whatever I can do." I learned from my father (who has hated his job for as long as i can remember) to find what is important to you and do whatever it takes to do it. I decided about two years ago that that was not some job, some career. I also learned from my father that while jobs can be torture, while they can be something you dread everyday, you can still have something more important, that you can "work" toward, and then you can put up with anything.
Like my father, I have decided that to me the most important thing is not a job, but a family. And that is why I will do whatever I can do.
Am I wrong to think this? Am I just fooling myself?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home