Tuesday, April 19, 2005

That story down there

I'm going to submit that story down there, "Stop and Smell the Roses," tomorrow afternoon to the renowned ~Mark Helprin~ It is the first of two stories he wants us to give him so he can read them aloud to the class and then slaughter us...er...i mean the stories, alive.

See it's great, if i start to get humiliated and feel my face turning red I will just have to remember that "structurally, I'm dead...I've given the text away...etc"

Sticks and stones may break my bones
But words (even my own) may never haunt me

I've built margins, A fortress deep and mighty, That none may penetrate.
I have no need of authorship, authorship causes pain.
It's laughter and it's loving I disdain.
I am (structurally) a rock. I am a (structural) island.

1 Comments:

At 9:36 AM, Blogger Will said...

It would seem that you also have your books, and your poetry to protect you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home