Sunday, September 11, 2005

CAR ALARM CAR ALARM CAR ALARM CAR ALARM CAR ALARM CAR ALARM CAR

Sometimes I'd rather do something in my head than in real life. Not just things like climbing Mount Everest or walking on mars or eating a carrot like a rabbit. No, normal things, such as: reading a book
washing my car
tying my shoes
watching a movie
making dinner
going to the bathroom
doing a back flip slam dunk
working
going on a vacation

all these things and many more are more fun and fulfilling in my head. So what's the problem? Well, I'll die for one, but more importantly I don't know what I want to do. I know what I think I want to do, but doing it (or, more like, beginning to do it) makes me not want to do it anymore.

Last example: I am "excited" about getting a lot of work done this afternoon, but the moment I shut this computer's lid, I will no longer be excited about it. It all reminds me of finishing reading a novel or short story. I sprint to the end, finish the work (if it's good) with a smile, close the cover without the bookmark, lay the book down, look up and refocus my eyes, and get depressed. Ok, fine, how about we call it the "orgasmic factor"?

1 Comments:

At 2:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So true. So true. Thanks for the inspirational talk the other night, though. I think I went home and actually accomplished some stuff. Wait, no. No I didn't. It sounded nice, though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home