Thursday, September 04, 2003

Changes

You may have noticed that I changed the name and description of my blog. The description is now "When 'important' things become unimportant", and the name has been changed from "Stepping Stones" to "Sleeping Stones".

The new description is the conclusion of a number of (learning) experiences from the past year or so. Trying to explain these experiences reminds me of what I said when someone asked me to explain Metzger over aol. I said, “The Metz can only be explained by telling stories…and my fingers are too lazy to tell stories.” So instead of trying to explain these experiences I will just say that one of the most productive and rewarding things one can do is to consider what is “important” to oneself, and if these things are not worth remaining “important”, drop ‘em. Humans, or at least I, can handle at two or three premises or “truths” to live by. Find those and embrace them. Just don’t do this on your own, and it will make life a lot better.

And as for the new name of the blog…well I think it speaks for itself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home